Cabbage Poi (बंद गोभी) - Brassica oleracea
AVAILABILITY: In stock (45 items)
Hurry! Only 45 Left in Stock!
This Cabbage, a leafy vegetable contains a good amount of nutrition. This pack contains approximately 50 seeds.
Cabbage (Brassica oleracea or variants) is a leafy green annual-biennial plant, grown as an annual vegetable crop for its dense leaved heads. Cabbage heads generally range from 1 to 8 pounds (0.5 to 4 kg) and can be green, purple, and white.Smooth-leafed firm-headed green cabbages are the most common, with smooth-leafed red and crinkle-leafed savoy cabbages of both colors seen more rarely. This cool-season crop grows best when daytime temperatures are in the 60s F. Direct-seed or transplant spring crops for fresh use in summer. Plant fall crops for winter storage or sauerkraut.
|Seeds per Packet||50|
|Common Name||Cabbage poi|
|Height||Height: 1 to 2 feet spread: 1.5 to 3 feet|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care:
- When transplants reach 5 inches tall, thin to make sure they are still the desired length apart
- Fertilize 3 weeks after transplanting
- Keep soil moist with mulch and water 2 inches per week
- Start cabbage seeds indoors 6 to 8 weeks before the last spring frost
- See frost dates for your area here
- Harden off plants over the course of a week
- Transplant outdoors 2 to 3 weeks before the last expected frost date
- Mulch thickly to retain moisture and regulate soil temperature
- Practice crop rotation with cabbage year to year to avoid a build-up of soil-borne diseases
- Although broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage are closely related, cabbage will not tolerate them
- Also, avoid proximity to strawberries and tomatoes
Caring Tips For Poi Variety Of Cabbage:
- The planting season for cabbage is quite long
- Early cabbage should be transplanted as soon as possible so that it can mature before summertime heat
- If you have been wondering when to plant cabbage plants, you should know that several varieties are available at different maturity times so you can have a harvest all summer long
- When thinking about when to plant cabbage plants, you should remember that hardened plants can be very tolerant of frosts
- Therefore, you can plant these early in the spring with other cold-season vegetables
- Late cabbage can be started during mid-summer, but remember that they will not develop ahead until fall
- Plant transplanted seedling 12 to 24 inches apart in rows, depending on the size of head desired
|Sunlight||Full sun. Cabbage needs at least 6 hours of full sun each day.|
|Soil||Requires well-drained soil, fertile soil high in organic matter, pH 6.0 to 7.5.|
|Temperature||Germination temperature: 45 F to 85 degrees F.Plant growth: 60 to 85 degrees F.|
|Fertilizer||Fertilize plants with a liquid fertilizer.|
Cabbage Poi Uses:
- Cabbage is a good source of beta-carotene, vitamin C, and fiber
- Studies suggest that it, as well as other cruciferous vegetables, may reduce the risk of some cancers, especially those in the colorectal group
- Purple cabbage also contains anthocyanins, which in other vegetables have been shown to have anti-carcinogenic properties
- Along with other cole crops, cabbage is a source of indole-3-carbinol, a chemical that boosts DNA repair in cells
- The Ancient Greeks recommended consuming the vegetable as a laxative, and used cabbage juice as an antidote for mushroom poisoning, for eye salves, and they prepared liniments with the plant to help bruises heal the cooling properties of the leaves were used in Britain as a treatment for trench foot in World War I, and as compresses for ulcers and breast abscesses
- Accumulated scientific evidence corroborates that cabbage leaf treatment can reduce the pain and hardness of engorged breasts, and increase the duration of breastfeeding.
- Cabbage is prepared and consumed in many ways in Indian cuisine.
- The simplest options include eating the vegetable raw or steaming it, though many cuisines pickle, stew, or braised cabbage.
We ship all our products nationally to 16500+ pincodes and adding every day!
Our shipping costs are calculated based on the volumetric weight of the shipped products. It is important to note that when you make a purchase, you are responsible for any potential local taxes. We take special care to package all orders in quality packaging. If in the rare case, your order arrives damaged, please immediately take a photo and send us an email to email@example.com. Please hold on to all the packaging materials and we will discuss a partial or full refund.