Marigold Mixed Color - Desi Flower Seeds
AVAILABILITY: In stock (100 items)
Hurry! Only 100 Left in Stock!
Marigold is among the very popular flowers commonly found in India and other countries. Seed Packet contains approx. 35 seeds.
In India marigold is one of the most commonly grown flowers and used extensively on religious and social functions in different forms. Flowers are sold in the market as loose or as garlands.This plant was used in ancient Greek, Roman, Arabic and Indian cultures as a medicinal herb as well as a dye for fabrics, foods and cosmetics. The leaves are edible, with the petals added to dishes as a garnish and in lieu of saffron. They can be easily cultivated, are widely adaptable to varying soils and climatic conditions and have a good flowering duration. This bushy plant with around 20 to 30 species, have a long flowering period and the colors range from orange, yellow, gold, cream to apricot. They are very much used in making garlands. Make excellent beds and pot decorations.
|Seeds per Packet||50|
|Common Name||Zendu,Marigold, Genda , Sanarei , Jhenduphool , Gondephool , Chenna Mallige|
|Height||2 to 3 feet|
|Flower Colour||Marigolds are available in a range of gold, maroon, yellow and orange shades.|
|Bloom Time||Spring, Summer, Fall|
Planting And Care:
- Germination from large, easily handled seeds is rapid, and blooms should appear within a few weeks of sowing
- When you water marigolds, allow the soil to dry somewhat between watering, then water well, then repeat the process
- The densely double flower heads of the African marigolds tend to rot in wet weather
- Do not water marigolds from overhead
- Water at the base of the plant
Marigold Mixed Color Care:
- Sow them directly into the garden once the soil is warm, or start seeds indoors about a month to 6 weeks before the last spring frost date
- Marigolds need lots of sunshine (at least six hours of direct sunlight) and do well with year-round warm to hot weather
- Water marigolds the first 10 to 12 days after transplanting bedding plants into the garden
- Marigolds thrive in poor soil and fertilizer often creates lush, rich foliage with few blooms
|Sunlight||Marigolds need lots of sunshine|
|Soil||Though they grow in almost any soil, marigolds thrive in moderately fertile, well-drained soil.|
|Temperature||20 to 30 degree C|
|Fertilizer||Avoid fertilizing the plants.|
|Harvest Season||Summer, winter|
Marigold Mixed Color Special Feature:
Due to its variable height and colour marigold is especially use for decoration and included in landscape plans.
Marigold Mixed Color Uses:
- Use in terrace gardening
- One of the health benefits of marigolds is that it is used in the treatment of minor burns when used in the form of ointments or a tincture
- Health benefits and therapeutic uses of marigold flowers as well as the leaves of the marigold include it being beneficial in minimizing the number of tumors in the case of breast cancer as well as in the prevention of the development of new cancer cells
- One of the medicinal uses of marigolds is that it promotes the growth of both new blood vessels as well as new skin tissue and hence it is used in the healing of wounds such as burns, scrapes as well as irritated skin
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist
- The bright petals of signet marigolds add color and a spicy tang to salads and other summer dishes
- The flower petals are sometimes cooked with rice to impart the color (but unfortunately not the flavor) of saffron
We ship all our products nationally to 16500+ pincodes and adding every day!
Our shipping costs are calculated based on the volumetric weight of the shipped products. It is important to note that when you make a purchase, you are responsible for any potential local taxes. We take special care to package all orders in quality packaging. If in the rare case, your order arrives damaged, please immediately take a photo and send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please hold on to all the packaging materials and we will discuss a partial or full refund.