Methi Kasturi / Kasuri (कसूरी मेथी) - (Trigonella foenum-graecum)
AVAILABILITY: In stock (200 items)
Hurry! Only 200 Left in Stock!
1 packet contains Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - 28gm seeds.
Fenugreek, Latin name Trigonella foenum-graecum, is an annual herb native to southern Europe and Asia. The plant grows quickly to 2 feet tall and fixes nitrogen into the soil. White or yellow flowers appear in the early summer and develop yellow-brown seed pods in the fall.This legume plant is used for food, seasoning, condiments, medicine, dye and livestock forage. The plant and seed give off a maple aroma and taste. This herb is tender and does not survive freezing weather, so the seeds are cultivated during the spring after the last frost occurs.
|Seeds per Packet||45|
|Common Name||Trigonella foenum-graecum (botanical name), methi, Samudra methi, shanbalile, abesh, hilbeh, hilba, helba, halba|
|Height||The plant reaches a height of 0.3 to 0.8 meters and has trifoliate leaves.|
|Flower Colour||White flowers appear in early summer and develop into long, slender, yellow-brown pods containing the brown seeds of fenugreek.|
|Bloom Time||spring to early autumn seasons.|
Planting And Care
- The plant does not like to be transplanted after germination, so the seeds should be sown at the final place
- Or you can sow seeds in biodegradable pots which can be put directly into the ground later on
- Sow seeds about 5 mm deep and 50 mm apart in straight line trenches for seed sowing
- You can also sow the seeds in criss-cross patterns
- Instead of sowing in trenches, you can just sprinkle the seeds on the bed and cover with soil
- Water well and keep soil well-moistened
- Seeds will germinate in 3-5 days
- In the areas of frost, it may be started indoors 5 weeks prior to the last frost of the season
- The seedlings can be transplanted outdoors when the soil temperature is around 15 °C (60 °F)
- I sow seeds every 2-3 weeks in the season so that when the first set of plants die, I am having the next set to get fresh methi
Methi Kasturi Care
- Choose a suitable place for planting
- Choose a position in full sun and with soil that is of good to rich quality and drains well
- The soil should have a pH of around 6 to 7.
- The soil should remain dry and warm.
- Avoid cold, wet soils as these will cause fenugreek seeds to rot
- As a legume, fenugreek adds nitrogen to the soil, making it useful as a cover crop restoring nitrogen to the soil
|Sunlight||full sun to part shade.|
|Watering||Keep the soil moist, but do not over-water.|
|Temperature||temperature is between 10 to 30 °C (50 to 90 °F).|
|Fertilizer||Fenugreek does not require fertilizer however, you can mix manure or compost in the soil while planting.|
Methi Kasturi Special Feature:
Fenugreek is an annual growing herb native to the Mediterranean and Western Asia. Fenugreek leaves are not only very easy to grow from seeds in pots or ground at home but also an extremely beneficial herb.
Methi Kasturi Uses:
- Using Fenugreek as an Herbal RemedyFenugreek can be taken internally or used topically
- It is most often used to treat coughs and sore throat, although current research suggests that it may be effective in the treatment of Type 2 diabetes, can help lower blood cholesterol levels, and increase circulation
- It is also often recommended as an herbal treatment for tinnitus
- Its sweet and hot aromas like pepper and crunchy sour taste somewhat like spinach.
- It is popularly used in Indian, Persian, Egyptian, and Ethiopian cuisines, to prepare the tastiest recipes
- Fresh seeds used to sprinkle on salad and dried seeds in pickles
We ship all our products nationally to 16500+ pincodes and adding every day!
Our shipping costs are calculated based on the volumetric weight of the shipped products. It is important to note that when you make a purchase, you are responsible for any potential local taxes. We take special care to package all orders in quality packaging. If in the rare case, your order arrives damaged, please immediately take a photo and send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please hold on to all the packaging materials and we will discuss a partial or full refund.