Okra Varsha - Desi Vegetable Seeds
AVAILABILITY: In stock (145 items)
Hurry! Only 145 Left in Stock!
Okra seeds should be soaked for 12-15 hours before sowing. This simple technique can save several days of the usual germination time. Choose a pot that should be at least 18 to 20 inches diameter 10-15 inches deep. If you have got a larger pot. Make sure they have proper drainage holes at the bottom. Use 60% normal garden soil 40% organic compost mix them well. Fill the pot with potting mix. There should be a gap of at least 2 inches between the soil surface and the rim of the pot for effective watering. So the seeds 1 inch deep in the soil. Keep a 5-6 inch gap between two seed if you are planting multiple seeds in the same pot. Place the pot in a spot that is warm and receive 5-6 hours of direct sunlight. Temperature above 20 c. is important for germination. Keep the soil evenly moist. Water gently so that the seeds do not get disturbed. Keep moist at all times during the germination stage. Within 4-5 day seeds will start to germinate. Keep the soil a little moist at all times for better growth. Make sure that the plants get 5-6 hours of direct sunlight. They love plenty of moisture, so make sure the soil is kept moist by adding water on a daily basis. During hot days maintain a high level of moisture the soil. After 30 to 35 days your okra plant will produce beautiful yellow bloom and fruit will form 4-5 days after blooming. Their blooms look like hibiscus as it belongs to the same hibiscus family. After every 15 days mix manure compost in the soil to provide nutrients to the plants. Mix the compost properly in the soil with the help of a trowel or any other gardening tool. Water thoroughly after incorporating the compost.
Seed Details :
- Seeds per Packet- 50
- Seed Name- Okra Varsha
- Bloom Time - summer, rainy, winter
- Seed Type- Op Desi Vegetable Seeds
- Common Name- Okra, Gumbo, Ladyfinger, Bhindi. Abelmoschus esculentus
- Plant Height- Upto 4 ft.
- You can start okra seeds indoors in peat pots under full light 3 to 4 weeks before the last spring frost date
- Keep the seeds overnight in tepid water to help speed up germination
- Okra plants are tall, so be sure to space out the rows 3 to 4 feet apart
- Keep plants in medium light locations, out of direct sunlight.
- Natural light is best, but some plants can also thrive in office fluorescent light.
- Plant soil should be kept moist at all time.
- Be careful to avoid overwatering.
- Do not allow plants to stand in water.
- Avoid wetting plant leaves excessively.
- Remove waste leaves and stems from time to time.
We ship all our products nationally to 16500+ pincodes and adding every day!
Our shipping costs are calculated based on the volumetric weight of the shipped products. It is important to note that when you make a purchase, you are responsible for any potential local taxes. We take special care to package all orders in quality packaging. If in the rare case, your order arrives damaged, please immediately take a photo and send us an email to email@example.com. Please hold on to all the packaging materials and we will discuss a partial or full refund.