Sponge Gourd (गिल्की / तुरई) Jaipur Long - desi vegetable seeds
Hurry up! Only 99 Left in Stock!
Sponge gourd can easily grow in containers. The seed packet contains approximately 35 seeds. Sponge gourd is one of the popular vegetables similar to ridge gourd. The only difference is sponge gourd has a smooth surface. Sponge gourd belongs to the family of Cucurbitaceae. Fully ripe sponge gourds have a high volume of fibrous which is being used as cleansing agent (utensils) and making shoe-soles, table mats. This vegetable is cultivated in most of the states in India.
Seed Details :
Seed Details :
- Seeds per Packet- 35
- Seed Name-Sponge Gourd Jaipur Long
- Bloom Time - Summer, Rainy season, Winter
- Seed Type- Op Desi Vegetable Seeds
- Common Name- ponge gourd, Gilki / Chikni Turai, Luffa
- Plant Height- Upto 30 ft.
- At the time of bed preparation, FYM should be mixed with soil for good yield
- Seeds are sown directly on the bed or pot
- They should be planted 2 cm deep in the bed or pots
- Plastic wrap can be used for mulching purpose to control the weed and water loss
- They should be planted 2 cm deep in pots
- Keep plants in medium light locations, out of direct sunlight.
- Natural light is best, but some plants can also thrive in office fluorescent light.
- Plant soil should be kept moist at all time.
- Be careful to avoid overwatering.
- Do not allow plants to stand in water.
- Avoid wetting plant leaves excessively.
- Remove waste leaves and stems from time to time.