Tinda / Indian Squash - Praecitrullus fistulosus - desi vegetable seeds
Hurry up! Only 100 Left in Stock!
Tolerant of pruning and shearing. Little Gem is noted for requiring little pruning. Avoid cultivating around plants because they have shallow roots. Roots appreciate a good mulch (1-2 ").
|Seeds per Packet||35|
|Common Name||Indian Round Gourd, Apple Gourd, Indian Baby Pumpkin|
|Height||1.50 to 2.00 feet|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care:
- Required a bit of effort, but the results are well worth the work
- Not all plants are fragrant, but the most common and hardy do produce a sweet, carrying fragrance
- Common is a vine and has larger glossy green leaves than Royal
- Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area
Care Tips Specially For Tinda:
- Tinda need a cold, dormant period
- Select a site with soil that drains well
- After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out
- Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential
|Sunlight||Full sun to part shade|
|Temperature||25 to 35 degree C|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer|
|Harvest Season||2 weeks|
Tinda is a small vegetable, looks like a cross between a green apple and a pumpkin.
- Rich source of Vitamin A